Kenarava Group Ltd. in collaboration with AgriProFocus Kenya convened a stakeholders’ meeting on Youth in Agribusiness at the DusitD2 Nairobi. The event launched the nationwide PAINT-Y initiative and provided a platform for the youth and industry stakeholders to instigate calls to action towards national food security.
Kenarava Group Ltd and AgriProFocus Kenya signed an MoU to jointly implement the Nationwide PAINT - Y initiative.
The main highlight of the event was an MOU signing between Kenarava and AgriProFocus, officiated in the presence of Israeli and Dutch diplomats
What is PAINT-Y?
The PAINT-Y initiative (Promoting Agribusiness Investment Networking & Trade for Youth) is a national platform for Kenyan youth-in-agribusiness to upscale their enterprises by linking them with markets, financiers and multi-stakeholder support services. The first national PAINT-Y Youth in Agribusiness Forum will take place on the 27th day of November, 2018 at The Safari park Hotel Nairobi under the theme: Investing in the Next frontier in Agricultural transformation.
PAINT – Y also features other components like County Editions and Regional/International levels. During this different levels there will be different activities that will be organized. These include:
- Business to Business Meeting
- Changemakers showcasing plartfoms
- Business netwoking cocktails
With all these activities PAINT – Y seeks to:
- To profile young Agripreneurs as a way to inspire peer to peer learning
- To provide a platform that facilitates linkages between young Agripreneurs and other stakeholders for investments, skills development, networking and tradeopportunities.
- To provide a neutral platform for different stakeholders including young Agripreneurs to share and learn from each other’s experiences on successful modelsof supporting youth in agribusiness
- To provide a platform that facilitates co-creation and collaboration that generates evidence to influence and shape the youth in agribusiness ecosystem