Kenarava Group participated in a meeting convened by the European Union Delegation to Kenya
The main purpose of this workshop was to collect view that would inform the development of a youth based project being developed by the European Union. It brought tother different youth in agribusiness and organizations like The Strathmore Business School, Kenya Climate Innovation Center, Kenya Agribusiness and Agroindustry Alliance, Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Youth and Gender Affairs.
We have always built the future for the youth, but we must NOW build the youth for the future .
Our Chairman, Mr. Ronald Diang’a, moderated one of its break out sessions to discuss “access to land and natural resources” within the subject of “Job creation for youth and women in agricultural value chains”
Discussed were the various challenges that are affecting youth and women in agriculture like:
- Access to Land and Natural resources
- Access to Information
- Access to Markets
- Youth perception of agriculture
- Policy environment among others
Some of the important take away from the forum were:
- The youth should organize themselves in to groups/cooperatives for collective action that is to increase their bargaining power.
- Integrated agricultural practices that optimize land and natural resources use should be promoted among the youth and women
- The two levels of government should enact and implement policies that support youth and women in agribusiness.
At Kenarava,we are at the forefront to drive the food security agenda within various levels of socioeconomic engagements